Yoga

Saturday 27 July 2013


Yoga is one of those things that I've been wanting to try for a while. I love keeping fit, attending upbeat dance aerobic and weights classes as I've become a little bit addicted to exercise. It makes me feel good and gives me an instant energy boost. I've only ever tried pilates a few times as high energy workouts are my thing, but it's best to do a variety of exercise to work and tone different muscles. I usually don't feel like I've had a good workout unless I break a sweat, until my first yoga class... It was harder than I expected but I really enjoyed it, lots of deep breathing, focusing on balance and even doing routines with our eyes closed (which felt very weird). However yoga won't send you to sleep, it involves various stretches, movements and holds working your entire body and muscles you don't usually use. These holds aren't easy and my legs were actually aching during the class. Whilst doing these moves you increase flexibility and strength, and boost your mental wellbeing.

And breathe... 

No comments :

Post a Comment