Treat Time

Tuesday 14 May 2013


Having been together for two years this month, my boyfriend and I decided it was the perfect excuse for a few treats. Our treats generally consist of food and drink, we're not always little piggies I promise! I'm a chocoholic and after giving up chocolate for Lent, I joined every other chocolate lover in the Easter egg binge. I loved the Chocolate Flapjacks made by my boyfriend, he used a Cadbury cookbook which is full of heavenly sweet recipes. I had planned to purchase one of the Millie's Cookies Celebration Cookies until I realised just how huge they are and how long they take to make... So I surprised the boyfriend with a Treatbox including a variety of cookies, of which you can choose yourself, including chocolate chip, toffee and white chocolate. I can confirm that each and every cookie was very yummy (yes I ended up sharing them with him, cheeky).


We went on a day trip to London and we were so lucky with the weather as it was a beautiful day! A scrumptious lunch at the OXO Tower Restaurant with amazing views of the city was lovely, I would definitely recommend it. On a warm sunny day you can sit on the balcony section outdoors and it was surprisingly sheltered from the wind apart from the odd brave bug (definitely make a reservation for a table with the best views of the Thames).


I had crayfish rolls to start...


Following by the lamb with couscous...


And the lemon tart with pistachio ice cream, each mouthful was a delight. The OXO Tower retweeted my shot of this dessert which can be seen here.

I left with my tummy feeling satisfied, although my sweet tooth would have loved a second dessert (but that's me being greedy). 


I am now feeling a little bit peckish...

No comments :

Post a Comment