Birthday Surprise

Monday 25 November 2013


It was my boyfriend's birthday at the weekend and I wanted to surprise him with something lovely and creative. We usually go out for a nice dinner to celebrate birthdays and other special occasions, or maybe a night in a hotel or little trip somewhere. This year I decided to do something different and cook a yummy dinner at home. After changing my mind many times, I chose an American theme with three courses starting with BBQ chicken drumsticks. I can be ambitious when I have an idea in my head so it took me a while to find all the bits and bobs I wanted from shops like Butlers, Wilkinson and Lakeland.


A twist on traditional American hot dogs, frankfurters wrapped in puff pastry with curly fries.


A sickly sweet S'mores Cookie Cake for dessert (recipe to follow).


A warmed up slice of the S'mores Cookie Cake served with a small (it definitely needed to be small) Oreo milkshake served in a vintage milk bottle to finish.


There were no disasters and my boyfriend was happy!

No comments :

Post a Comment